How it works
Canny's Jira integration lets you link Canny posts with Jira issues. This way you can associate customer feedback data with project management data.
For example, let's say an important customer requests a feature. Your team decides they want to build the feature, so a Jira issue is created. You can then link that Jira issue with the feature request in Canny.
- When viewing a Jira issue, you'll be able to see linked Canny posts
- When viewing a Canny post, you'll be able to see the linked Jira issues
This adds valuable context to both products.
Note: Our Jira integration is only available to customers on certain plans. Visit our pricing page to see if your plan supports it.
How to set it up
Canny's Jira integration is currently in beta. It isn't listed on Atlassian's marketplace yet.
- Go to your Add-ons page in Jira
2. Click on "Settings" at the bottom of the page
3. Enable development mode, click Apply
4. Click "Manage add-ons"
5. Click "Upload add-on"
6. Enter "https://canny.io/api/jira/descriptor", click Upload
7. Click "Configure"
8. Select the account you'd like to sync Jira with, click "Configure Plugin"
Under your Jira settings, you can create rules so that when an issue's status changes, linked Canny posts are updated as well.
If something isn't working, send us a message or email at email@example.com.
If you have an idea for how this integration could be improved, post that here: https://feedback.canny.io/feature-requests