Canny posts with Jira issues to automatically update Canny posts based on Jira actions.
Note: If you're managing more than one product, multiple Canny instances can also be connected to the same Jira instance.
How to set it up
1. You first need to install Canny's Jira integration from Atlassian's marketplace. You can find it here:
After you've installed Canny, you'll need to do some brief configuration to link your Jira company account to your Canny company account.
2. From your Jira dashboard go to Apps > Manage your apps > Canny > Configure:
3. Select the Canny account you'd like to sync with Jira, then click "Configure Plugin":
You're all set! Contact us if you have any questions!
Happy developing! 👨🏻💻
Connecting Canny posts to Jira issues
Let's say an important customer requests a feature. Your team decides they want to build the feature. From Canny, you can push their request directly into Jira:
If the Jira issue already exists, you link that Jira issue with the feature request in Canny.
When viewing a Jira issue, you'll be able to see linked Canny posts. Likewise, when viewing a Canny post, you'll be able to see the linked Jira issues. This adds valuable context to both products!
Note: The Jira link is only visible to Canny admins. It is not visible to your end-users.
Under the Jira settings page, you can create rules so that when an issue's status changes, linked Canny posts are updated as well.
Uninstalling the integration
If you are interested in uninstalling the Canny integration from Jira, it can be done through the same Manage apps interface as indicated above.
1. From your Jira dashboard navigate to Apps > Manage your apps > Canny > Uninstall:
2. Clicking the uninstall button will complete the uninstallation of Canny from your Jira workspace.
As always, just reach out if you have any questions! We are here to help! 👍