Canny Categories allow you to easily categorize any Posts on a given Board as well as subscribe teammates to categories relevant to them.
Unlike Tags, Categories are visible to your users.
Here are some examples of common Categories:
- Feature / Function (Modules, Billing, Dashboard, etc.)
- Device/OS (Android, OSX, Desktop Browser, etc.)
- Team (UI/UX Design, Engineering, Sales, etc.)
How to set up Categories
- On a Board, go to the "Settings" tab
- Click on "Categories"
- Click on "Create new category…"
Once your Categories are created, they can be assigned from the options within a given Post
Things to know:
- Categories are visible to end users.
- A Post can only be assigned to one Category.
- Categories are specific to a single Board.
- Typically, Categories represent the teams that will need to address the request or a particular section/feature of your app.
- Categories also allow you as a Canny admin to subscribe from Categories that are relevant to you personally:
For best practices on organizing feedback in Canny, check out our blog post: Canny Best Practices: Organizing Feedback
Let us know if you have any questions, of course. We're happy to assist! 😀