All Canny Boards are Public by default. Public Boards are visible to anyone on the internet and they will appear in search results on engines like Google. You have the option of turning off search engine indexing and hiding your board from the Boards tab in your Canny Settings which makes it difficult to find without the URL.
The Private Boards feature allows you to restrict access to a specified group of people and keeps your board explicitly private. This could be either:
- Anybody who has an account with your company
- Anybody who has an @yourcompany.com email address, verified by email, G Suite, or Azure AD
- Specific users with their individual email addresses.
- Anybody you invite as a Canny admin
How it works
1. Limited to only your existing users
This would commonly be used if you’d like to keep your board private and viewable only to your existing customers.
- Adjust your board settings to "Private" in the Boards tab in your Canny Settings.
- Grant access to anyone who has been identified via our client‑side SDK or single sign‑on
2. Limited to a particular team/company
This would commonly be used to track feedback internally from your teammates/company. This can also be used to whitelist other email domains if you want to have a Private Board for VIP teams/companies.
- Adjust your board settings to "Private"
- Under "Specific emails by domain", you can whitelist any email domains.
3. Limited to specific people
This would be commonly used to track feedback from beta testers, enterprise customers, partners, investors, and anyone else you want to personally invite.
- Adjust your board settings to "Private" in the Boards tab in your Canny Settings
- Invite users via individual email addresses
Hope that helps! Shoot us a message if you need more clarification. 📨